Continuous Passive Motion (CPM) is a post-operative therapeutic modality that passively moves a joint through a prescribed range of motion (ROM) for an extended period of time. Units provide patients, and the professionals who perform the treatment, with superior results. All units should be used as prescribed by your physician.
The benefits of CPM therapy include relative freedom from:
- pain during treatment
- lack of, or reduced complications
- shorter hospitalization and period of rehabilitation
- prevention of intra-articular adhesions and extra-articular contractures
- improved patient compliance with passive and active therapies
- prevention of joint stiffness
- maintenance of range of motion
- prevention of the negative effects of immobilization.
Langley Sports Medicine Clinic has partnered with Remington Medical to provide CPM rentals for our clients. Please visit their website for more information at http://www.cpmrental.ca/.