With Video Tele-Health Consults, We Can:
- Take a complete history to provide an accurate diagnosis
- Examine range of motion and movements
- Perform a functional movement examination
- Evaluate strength
- Prescribe exercises and stretches – with supporting photos/videos
- Correct exercise form and provide cues to perform them more effectively
- Provide and refine self joint mobilization techniques
- Provide and refine self directed soft tissue treatment techniques
- Provide a full rehab plan to follow in your own environment
- Educate patients on their injury or condition
- Help train another person to assist you with exercises or stretches
What Types of treatments are Provided with Video Consults?
- We provide virtual/video consultations to all of our patients including people with musculoskeletal, vestibular or pelvic health conditions.
- Any of the following devices with an internet connection will be sufficient for your virtual session
- Computer with webcam and microphone
- Android-based Tablet (e.g. Samsung), Smart-phone or similar device (iOS for iPhone & iPad is currently in development)
- Ensure that you have access to your Patient Portal on our Online Booking site. You will receive an Appointment Reminder that includes a link to your Telehealth booking. Once you are logged in to your profile, you can click on BEGIN to start your session. NOTE: The BEGIN button will only be available around the time of your session.
- Set your device up so that you can do a face-to-face interview and you can move away to show your full body.
- Change into loose fitting clothing (like you would wear to a gym) so that you can move freely.
- REMEMBER: Check your email account for the link to your session!
Are Telehealth sessions eligible to submit for insurance reimbursement?
There are a number of insurance companies that, given the circumstances surrounding COVID-19 pandemic, have temporarily allowed for the submission of Telehealth claims when completed by a registered health professionals.
For now, we would recommend checking in with your insurance company directly for the most accurate and up-to-date information on which appointments types are eligible for reimbursement. Our current financial policy applies for claims not approved by an insurer. To recap our policy,
- “Our practice is accepted by most insurance companies. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have researched your individual policies for Physiotherapy, Athletic Therapy, Massage Therapy, and Chiropractic coverage.
- If an insurance problem occurs, we will assist you in trying to resolve any issues with your insurance company.
- You are responsible for any portion of your bill that is denied or not paid by your insurance carrier. This includes, but is not limited to, deductible, coinsurance and co-payments.”
Is the interface secure and HIPAA compliant?
Yes! The Online Appointments feature was built exclusively within Jane, our office management software program, and it is all provided within their secure infrastructure that meets our privacy standards.
We are using a standard that provides peer-to-peer audiovisual communication in most cases. This means that all the traffic flows directly between each user’s web browser and completely bypasses our servers. The traffic is also encrypted in transit and none of the data is stored anywhere at any time. Both clients and staff must be signed into their secure Jane account to access the Online Appointment.
This approach ensures our online appointments are HIPAA compliant (as well as FIPPA, PIPEDA/PHIPA, PIPA and other regional analogues) and address the major privacy concerns clinics and patients have around telehealth.
Will I be able to record audio or the chat communication?
No video, audio or chat communication can be recorded during an Online Appointment session. This approach ensures that this feature remains HIPAA compliant and addresses major privacy concerns around telehealth posed by clinics.
Can the platform support group conferencing?
Currently only one-on-one sessions are available at this time.
If you have any questions prior to your appointment, give us a call, we are more than happy to help.